Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sneaker Banquet 2009 at hotel D´Angleterre






Saturday November 7th. 2009 was the very first time Sneaker Banquet was held in Denmark. I was really looking forward to this event and was happy that the street culture finally was in focus. But I must admit that I was very disappointed when I saw the selection of sneakers. The selection was very little and the styles that was picked out was boring and uninspiring. I didn't get that wow factor i was hoping. Also the whole atmosphere was just wrong. The jazz music that was played in the background didn't go well with the event and only few people actually showed up. The only person who saved the day was Bobbito Garcia, who was very passionated while talking about his book "where´d you get those?" and the history of sneaker culture in New York. Also I wanna give props to the staff, who were all very friendly and happy to share their knowledge in sneaker culture.

Hopefully the creators will learn from this event and make it better next time, where I again will be a guest with high expectations.
-Natascha

No comments:

Post a Comment