Friday, December 4, 2009

AMERICAN PICTURES x SOULLAND COLLABORATION RELEASE 1/12 2009 (WORLD AIDS DAY) AT NORSE PROJECTS COPENHAGEN







3 questions for Silas Adler, designer of Soulland:

1. How did you come up with the idea of the collaboration with the photographer Jacob Holdt?

I have always been a big fan of Jacob and his work. Especially the American pictures has been a big part of my childhood. Jacobs book has always been on my moms book shell, and I remember when I was a kid I used to be afraid of his photos because they where so harsh. My mom gave me the book four years ago and that was the first time I read it. And you know, the stories are just as wild as the photos. I actually got the idea for this collaboration two years ago, it just took me a while before I actually got my self together and ask Jacob.

2. Now that you have moved to Paris, how do you think the creativity is there compared to Copenhagen?

Paris is very different from Copenhagen. Paris is a lot bigger and more metropolitan, where as Copenhagen can get a little provincial. In Paris it is a lot tougher to get to the top and a lot of young talents are trying to get into the game, but if you deliver something good, you will also get credit for it. For me it was just necessary to try something new and to change my base.

3. Where do you go to find inspiration for your collections?

Its very different from each collection. Sometimes I try to put myself in special situations and other times the ideas just comes to me out of the blue. Mostly the really good ideas comes when I am under a lot of pressure, and I actually like it that way, when I am stressed, magic happens.

-Natascha

No comments:

Post a Comment